Monday, March 1, 2010

My first Wacky Packages Painting!

I have a painting included in the newest Topps Wacky packages postcard set which just became available today. I loved these stickers as a kid, and still do as an adult :-) I have dreamed about being part of the history of Wacky Packages for as long as I can remember, so this is hugely exciting to me. Here is a scan of the original art before any pre-press work was done on it. The gag was written by Mark Parisi, I translated it into paint.



Each of the 5 artists in this set sketched 50 cards, and these are randomly included in the 250 Limited edition sets. At this point the limited sets are half gone after 2 hours of being available, so If you have any desire to go for a set with a sketch card, time is running out. The sets can be bought here: http://www.toppsonlinestore.com/servlet/the-545/2010-Wacky-Packages-Series/Detail

1 comment: